Saturday 31 March 2012

REILLY ROCKET: GOURMET LOVERS CAKES AND SQUARE MILE COFFEE



Everyone knows how much I love coffee and cakes and if you've been following my coffee tasting mission with The London Coffee Map you would have seen I have reviewed one of Dalston's coolest and  best additions to the new wave coffee sceneReilly Rocket Motorcycle cafe.  You know that Suzuki motorcycle shop on the corner of Kingsland Rd and Tottenham Rd, its always been there! Can't find it, check the map. In the last year the back room has opened up in to a cosy and quirky little cafe serving Square Mile Red Brick espresso along side quesadillas and bagels from its tiny 'kitchen' which is made up of a grill under the counter.  Without the use of the oven they have been unable to bake on site and after we were put in touch by a mutual friend last year I started baking for them sporadically. 

I had already reviewed it for The London Coffee map prior to them getting in contact with me and loved their coffee and friendly attitude.

I'm super happy to be baking for them weekly now! Those lucky Saturday morning people requiring a caffeine pick me up and and a sugary start to your day make sure you check it out from 9am Saturdays when I'll delivery 2 cakes home made by me to the cafe. 

The East is fast becoming the coffee mecca of London, with many places popping up all over the place quicker than you can eat a slice of this delicious two layer blueberry velvet cake covered in cream cheese, marscapone and double cream icing.....

The baristas are very good and very experienced having worked for some of the best in London, like Flat White and Fred and Fran so you can be sure your Flat White will be as per your high standards. 

But hey why not try a piece of delicious cake as well, recent cakes made have included the ever popular Blue Velvet as well as Peanut Butter Cheesecake, Chocolate and Guinness, Banana and Blueberry and Carrot and pineapple.
  

If you're a local to Dalston check out Reilly Rocket and if you've got any suggestions for cakes you'd like to try leave me a comment below.

On another note, I've also been busy with other private cake orders. I'm happy to bake for you if you need something yummy for a birthday, wedding, office party or if you just want to eat cake for no reason at all. Email me bex@gourmetlovers.co.uk Remember I don't bake daily so I will need at least 48 hours notice.

Enjoy your cake!

x
bex



0 comments:

Post a Comment