Friday 27 May 2011

WHITE CHOCOLATE ROSE & PISTACHIO CUPCAKES


By popular demand here is the recipe for what I think are the the most delicious cupcakes I've ever tasted. White chocolate, pistachio and rosewater flavoured cake with white chocolate icing sprinkled with pistachio and rose turkish delight. Epic. Amazing when I ate it just freshly baked and decorated. I was blown away, I rate it my best cupcake ever and I found this recipe whilst I was in New Zealand in the NZ Womans Weekly magazine.

This recipe makes 24 cupcakes ( I halved it and used the larger muffin cases so it made 10 in my batch)

Ingredients

190g butter
115g white chocolate
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 cup plain flour
2/3 cup self raising flour
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 to 2 eggs, lightly beaten  ( I used 2)
80g roasted unsalted pistachios finely ground
2 tbsp rose water essence

Topping
115g white chocolate melted
6 cubes of turkish delight diced in to smaller pieces
Extra pistachios, chopped

Method


Preheat oven to 150c.
Combine the butter, white chocolate, sugar and milk in a bowl over a pot of gently boiling water until the sugar is dissolved and the chocolate and butter have melted. Remove from the heat.
Sift the fours together in a separate bowl then combine with the melted liquid.
Add the whisked eggs, vanilla bean paste, ground pistachios and rose water essence. Stir to combine.

Pour mixture in to the cupcake cases and bake for 20-25 minutes.

I like to fill around 3/4 full so the cake has room to rise and for me to add the icing. Thats why I use the larger muffin cases. I baked mine for 23 minutes exactly.

I think these are out of this world. Decorating them with a tablespoon or so of the melted white chocolate which should be pretty rough, and sprinkle the pistachios and turkish delight to suit you. It looks so pretty and tastes better than you imagine.







2 comments:

Kavey said...

Wow! Just. WOW!

Chiswick Dinners said...

These look amazing. So pretty!

Post a Comment